Writing a sympathy card message can be one of the most difficult, stressful, and intimidating card messages you can write. The following examples of sympathy messages are meant to help you figure out what to write depending on the situation and who has died. Keep in mind that these suggestions for your condolences can be altered to be perfect for your sympathy card.
Sympathy Card Messages for the loss of a Mom or Dad
- I am sorry you had to lose your mom. She was a good woman and raised you well. I will be praying for you to have peace and comfort.
- I am sorry you lost your dad. From what I hear from you, he was a great dad and just a great guy. He did an awesome job raising you. Please accept my condolences. (Father Sympathy Messages)
Sympathy Card Messages for Death of a Wife or Husband
- I can’t imagine what you must be feeling right now. I am deeply sorry for your huge loss of your husband/wife. You spoke highly of him/her often and I know you loved him/her dearly. I want you to know that you have my sincere condolences.
- I am sorry for the loss of your husband/wife. God can provide the strength you will need in the coming weeks and months. I will be praying for you.
Sympathy Card Messages for the Death of a Brother or Sister
- I am sorry to hear that your brother died. I know that he wasn’t just a brother but a good friend to you too. I know that I can’t replace your brother, but I can continue to be your friend. Let’s hang out sometime soon. I’ll be giving you a call.
Sympathy Card Messages for the Death of a Pet
- It’s a shame that dogs do live near as long as people, because it can hurt just as bad when you lose one that you love. Please accept my sympathy for the loss of your dog.
- I always enjoyed watching your fish swim around when I came over. I felt relaxed watching him swim in his tank. I am sorry he ended up floating at the top. I hope you are able to get another fish soon, so I can enjoy a new one.
Religious Sympathy Card Messages
- For all of us who have accepted Christ as our savior from death. We must say “see you later” to the saints who have gone ahead of us. We will rejoice together in heaven.
- I want God’s words to be your comfort since I cannot think of anything better to write to you to console you. Here is a verse I want to share with you.
- Those who are God’s children cannot be bound by the death of our earthly shell of a body. We have hope in Him that we will be reunited soon.
- May you find peace and comfort knowing that your loved one has found rest in the arms of the Lord.
- I find comfort in times like these because I have the faith that Jesus has the power of life over death and he is our shepherd.