When a pet dies, it can hurt just as much as when a person dies. The reason for this is that people can form strong relationships with their pets, and the feelings of loss for that relationships create a need to grieve just like with the loss of a family member or friend.
Use these examples of pet loss sympathy messages to show your condolences when someone loses a pet. Make the message as personal as you can and mention some positives about the pet in addition to using the following pet sympathy messages.
- There will never be another _____ like _____. He/she was an awesome pet that I always enjoyed being around when I was hanging out at your place. He/she was one of a kind. I am sorry for your loss.
- I know how much it can hurt when you lose a pet. Pet’s can provide you with friendship, fun and entertainment. I am sorry for your loss.
- Dogs truly are man’s best friend. I am sincerely sorry for the loss of your best friend.
- A lot of people may not realize how big of a deal it is when a dog dies. If they have owned a really cool dog like yours, then they would know it is a big deal. I am sorry for your significant loss.
- I am sorry to hear that your pet has died. If you start to feel lonely and want that sound of barking in your house again, you can take my pain in the butt dog off my hands.
- I am sorry to hear that the cute and furry member of your family has passed away. He/she will remain in our memories as a good dog/cat and a very loved and missed friend and family member.
- I am sorry you found your fish floating upside down. I hope his burial at sea in the toilet went smoothly. I also hope he has a nice trip to his next life in the city sewer system.
- Even though I don’t like snakes/spiders, I can understand that you enjoyed your pet. I am sorry for the loss of enjoyment you must be experiencing. One good thing is that I can come over to your house now without being freaked out.
- If dogs do go to heaven, I am sure yours will be waiting on you there. He/she was a good dog.
- I am sorry that you lost your furry friend. He/she was an adorable sweetheart. My condolences to you and your family.
- I am sorry you lost your pet. Since I know you will be missing him/her, I will be calling you soon to check on you to see how you are doing. We should get together soon.
So many nights I came home to you
knowing you would always greet me
with smiles through a wagging tail
never let me be to sad for to long
always helped me through
tough times and happy too
Loved the very sight of you
sqeaking that toy
always made me smile
always knew just what to do
even when I didn’t
brown eyes so sweet and full of life
slowly lost their light
sat with you through your pain
like you always did with me
hurt my heart so deeply
to see you in such pain
all I wanted to do
was help my faithful friend
and even when you wern’t yourself anymore
caused from all the sickness
I never loved you any less
tears filled my eyes
when they told me what was best…
so hard for me to leave you just lying there
staring up at me with pain filled eyes
difficult to know the right thing to do
putting you to rest
Didnt want to lose you from my life
didn’t want to see you in pain any longer
Drove you there in a daze
staring at you every few moments
my heart breaking in pieces
as we arrived
Sat there with you at the office
wanting to turn around
as you softly whimpered
I couldn’t bare the sound
You fell asleep so softly
as my tears fell down like rain
I thanked God above
that you were no longer in pain
So, as I lay you down to rest my best friend
I know your watching over me still
with your love-filled brown eyes
shining brighter than ever now
Memories will keep you here with me
I will always love you dearly Ginger
(Written/Submitted by Lisa Jazmine)
Hey there everyone. I just lost my best friend today(09/23/07), my dog Ginger.We had to put her to sleep. She kept having multiple seizures, 3 heart attacks, a tooth infection, and brain damage from the seizures.
She was always there for me. She knew when I was sad and would lick away the tears from my face till I stopped crying. When I was feeling down she would bring her favorite squeaky toy to me and bark, wanting me to play fetch with her. And she always knew just what to do when I was mad, by curlling up next to me or on top of me, wagging her tail and stairing at me with her big brown eyes as she’d wave her paw at me wanting me to pet her.
All I ask of you is to please submit ANY KIND OF POEM you have(pre-written or brand new)that will help me to cope with all this and feel better. Make me laugh,cry,anything you can possibly think of. Pretty much anything goes. Good luck!
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die…
– Mary Elizabeth Frye
I just lost one of my bunny rabbits (Emma) in the most horrific way. A cat got in with the bunnies and we found one of them completely eaten up, only thing left was her pelt and spinal bones, everything else was GONE! And, the cat attacked a baby bunny (my husband heard it and stopped it) who is now in a cage downstairs hopefully recovering, but beaten up and not sure how bad. It is bleeding and dragging it’s front left leg, but other than that I think it’s fine. UPDATE: The baby passed away last night.
Now, all the bunnies are in a building in cages until we can get them set up with more space in the building. Now, we just have to keep them boy bunnies from getting in each other’s spaces and fighting amongst themselves!
My stepdaughter and I buried Emma’s remains today. I don’t remember losing my first pet, but I can tell you this one was hard, especially under the circumstances. I haven’t had pets since I was young living at home (I’m now 40) and have just been getting bunny rabbits in the last year and a half.
(Written by Fairy Nutty Buddy)