When a pet dies, it can hurt just as much as when a person dies. The reason for this is that people can form strong relationships with their pets, and the feelings of loss for that relationships create a need to grieve just like with the loss of a family member or friend.
Use these examples of pet loss sympathy messages to show your condolences when someone loses a pet. Make the message as personal as you can and mention some positives about the pet in addition to using the following pet sympathy messages.
- There will never be another _____ like _____. He/she was an awesome pet that I always enjoyed being around when I was hanging out at your place. He/she was one of a kind. I am sorry for your loss.
- I know how much it can hurt when you lose a pet. Pet’s can provide you with friendship, fun and entertainment. I am sorry for your loss.
- Dogs truly are man’s best friend. I am sincerely sorry for the loss of your best friend.
- A lot of people may not realize how big of a deal it is when a dog dies. If they have owned a really cool dog like yours, then they would know it is a big deal. I am sorry for your significant loss.
- I am sorry to hear that your pet has died. If you start to feel lonely and want that sound of barking in your house again, you can take my pain in the butt dog off my hands.
- I am sorry to hear that the cute and furry member of your family has passed away. He/she will remain in our memories as a good dog/cat and a very loved and missed friend and family member.
- I am sorry you found your fish floating upside down. I hope his burial at sea in the toilet went smoothly. I also hope he has a nice trip to his next life in the city sewer system.
- Even though I don’t like snakes/spiders, I can understand that you enjoyed your pet. I am sorry for the loss of enjoyment you must be experiencing. One good thing is that I can come over to your house now without being freaked out.
- If dogs do go to heaven, I am sure yours will be waiting on you there. He/she was a good dog.
- I am sorry that you lost your furry friend. He/she was an adorable sweetheart. My condolences to you and your family.
- I am sorry you lost your pet. Since I know you will be missing him/her, I will be calling you soon to check on you to see how you are doing. We should get together soon.